The Book Sacrifice Tag

My return to blogging will remain at just one post a week for the next few weeks, hopefully I'll then be able to write and upload two posts a week when my schedule starts clearing up a lot more than what it is at the moment. So I thought I'd do something quick and simple; a book tag. The Book Sacrifice Tag was created by Ariel Bissett and only consists of 4 questions all based on books you'd sacrifice.


Question One:

An Over-Hyped book - Let's start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let's say you're in a book store, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK. An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies' only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!

Answer:

So for this Question I chose 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'. At the moment the book is getting even more hype due to the recent movie that's just become available on Netflix but I honestly felt like the book itself was written for Tweens when it was marketed as Young Adult. The writing felt very immature and in fact I stopped reading 50 pages in because the character said the word "Biotch". Biotch was a word made popular by the movie 'Wild Child'. It was popular for a few months, then deceased all together so I had no idea as to why Jenny used it as something Lara would say because it felt so awkward.


Question Two:

A Sequel - Let's say you've just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?

Answer:

This book honestly goes down as the worst sequel I have ever read. Literally. I absolutely loved 'The 5th Wave' The setting of the book captured my attention, I loved the world building and the character growth was some of the best I've ever read. It was even one of my favourite books of all time. And then 'The Infinite Sea' released. It was just a mess. Our main characters got pushed to the side for some boring side character who was very 2D. The book was filled with plot hole after plot hole and overall it left a sour enough taste in my mouth that I never went on to reading the last book in the trilogy and I honestly never will pick it up.


Question Three:

A Classic - Let's say you're in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it's worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?

Answer:

I think every school made you read a classic that you absolutely hated and surprisingly my school was no different. They made us read 'Lord of the Flies' which was quite fitting since I attended an all boys school filled with a bunch of assholes. Now 'Lord of the Flies' was just completely awful in my opinion. The writing was very stiff and I found it didn't flow very well, not only that but the author tried bringing in so many characters that it made it all very confusing - even after seeing the movie; twice. I never understood why the only character who had his head on straight was killed off? Also the ending never made any sense.


Question Four:

Your least favourite book of life! - Let's say that you're hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You're trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favourite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?

Answer:

I think I've made it pretty well known that I absolutely hate 'The Hunger Games'. It's not just for it's lack lustre characters and writing but also for the plot as well. I appreciate that 'The Hunger Games' was a starting base for the Dystopia genre but nothing about this series was entertaining. In the first book everything was slowly paced until the games started, even when the games started it never really picked up a lot. In Book Two I found the beginning to be well paced and then the actual games very slow paced. Book Three was just a big ol' mess. It's a rare occurrence for me to say that the movies are actually better than the books.

No comments